Monday, November 22, 2010

Koon Yew Yin acquire 15.4 million XingQuan shares


XingQuan recently welcome a new major shareholder, Koon Yew Yin to the company. At first, I am thinking who is this guy so rich to acquire so many shares on XingQuan.

After do some research, I just realize that he is the guy who donate RM 30 million to UTAR to construct a hostel in UTAR but was rejected by some reason.

He is founder of IJM and is also offering 50 personal scholarships to needy students for who is studying in finance and accountancy in University TAR, Kampar, Perak. There are some terms and conditions highlighted in his personal scholarships and one condition is attracted my interest. Which is...

"Students who receive his financial aid do not require to pay back the money or work for him after they graduate. But he want them to promise him that they will help other poor students when they have graduated and are financially solvent."

SOURCE: http://www.malaysia-scholarship.coo.my/biasiswa/koon-yew-yin-personal-scholarship-00140
Now back to the topic, why he suddenly invest so much in XingQuan? Does he think that XingQuan is also undervalue as what i stated in my previous article? http://blackspyfund.blogspot.com/search/label/xingquan

I have go through some comment from other people, I heard that Mr. Koon is well known as Warren Buffett in Malaysia. Last three years, he had invested in SUPERMX during year 2007 when SUPERMX was stayed as rock at that time, but now SUPERMX is flying high. Will it go to the same to XingQuan now and later?

I am not as smart as Mr. Koon, but from the way he do the donation and scholarship, I think we should trust his personality. XingQuan definitely is a gem, if you do not trust me but at least you should trust Mr. Koon.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Disclaimer:
Please note that all data given are merely blogger's opinion. It is strongly recommended that you do your own analysis and research before investing.